I have two russian lenses that have stiff focusing mechanisms. I sent one for repair to Mr. Jay Javier(http://russiancamerafix.multiply.com/) late last year because I haven't mustered up the confidence yet to open it because I have never tried it before. And sir Jay is the guru when it comes to these things. I did try to fix my Lubitel's self timer before but I ended up breaking the whole thing HAHA. So I was really scared.
I really wanted to get the other one fixed too but I just couldn't find the time. Yesterday, I got tired of studying and started playing with the other lens. I read up on instructions on the internet and I managed to take it apart by myself. Here are some pictures:
Tools of the trade
Industar 26-m disassembled
Old grease fossilized into wax
So I removed the old grease using petrol (As per sir Jay's suggestion) and replaced it with new grease. Reassembling the lens was the hard part as it took me more time to put things back together in reverse order. But in due time I was able to finish and here is the lens now mounted on my fed-2:
Fed-2 with Industar-26m lens
disassembly instructions can be found here: